Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Day 2: Gulfport

After an hour-long drive to the east, and some wandering around semi-lost, we found our home for the week; the Long Beach 1st Methodist Church. We're staying in an annex building mostly used for youth groups. Several classrooms are now our bedrooms. We also have an excellent kitchen. The downside is that we don't have an on-site shower. We have to hop in a car and drive to the fire station where we use outdoor showers. They tell us the hot water supply is adequate. I'll hope that's true, but I have a feeling that Navy showers are in order.
The rest of our group seems very smart and friendly for the most part. We've got a large contingent of NYU students, two from Rutgers, one from Columbia, and two from Chicago-Kent. There may be others but I can't remember right now. It's a dominantly male group (sigh) but there are a few hotties for us to fight over.

Jen, Nancy (Rutger's), and I went across the street to the grocery store and bought salad ingredients, pasta, beef, and bread, and then made dinner for the whole group. I really did very little since I'm retarded around the kitchen, but hey, I try. We hit a bar afterward, the Lookout, but I wasn't much in the mood for drinking on a Sunday night, especially with our first day of work coming right up, so I went home early.

No comments: