Tuesday, September 05, 2006

It's alive!

Sort of. It's been brought to my attention that fellow IU law bloggers have *gasp* actually linked my page! Seeing as it is that I might actually get more than 2 hits a month, I should probably start writing again now that things have started up again.

Speaking of starting again, this semester terrifies me. Between the normal courseload, job-searching, journal, and moot court, I think I'm going to be thoroughly burnt out by winter. And I know a lot of you are sick of hearing the complaints of the journal monkeys, so I apologize to all of you reading this that feel that way. The fact remains that I feel that I have to do both journal and moot court and that it's going to hurt, so there.

Normally, to help me through the dark times...or to be honest, to exacerbate the problem, has been my underpowered yet reliable Dell desktop PC. But, as fate would have it, that PC did not survive my moving to Poolside. I don't understand why exactly; it wasn't dropped or slammed around or anything. But it's very dead. So dead that even after having techies here twice, replacing the motherboard twice, replacing the processor, replacing the power supply, reconfiguring the memory, and going over every diagnostic procedure four times, Dell still doesn't know WTF is wrong with it and is replacing it with a new system. I better get something above my current specs because this new system's memory will NOT be compatible with the one I have now, and I very recently purchased a now-useless upgrade. They also want me to ship the hard drive back, which is sort of aggravating. That old drive is probably not worth more than $20, but the data on it is worth a shitload to me. It isn't clear that I'll be able to transfer the data to the new system, but I'm sure as hell going to try.

I can't wait for Season 3 of BSG to start. I can't wait so bad I've re-watched just about every episode from Season 1-Season 2.0. Why not Season 2.5 too? Well, because they haven't released the DVD yet and because the .avi's are on my dead fracking computer! Sci Fi was supposed to put a summary program on On Demand, but they didn't. They were supposed to but the same on their website "for the entire month of September." They didn't. Miraculously, they managed to post the first "webisode" up today, but at a mere 4 minutes, it doesn't do much to help my withdrawal. I need to go toaster hunting, and soon.

Well, without my 'puter or BSG to amuse me, I guess I'll have to rely on my old fallback, alcohol. Unfortunately, I tend not to drink a lot unless I'm in a good mood. So, I need to get myself in a good mood quick for this weekend. I'm not sure how to do that. Any ideas? I have one that involves shooting people. I better make sure that won't be too expensive on my budget. ; )

Oh... and as for the answers to last semester's post about random music... I do have a list of all the files. But, you guessed it, they're on my other computer!

No comments: